How to Find Nearest WiFi Hotspot through Facebook App. Facebook’s latest feature helps you find WiFi hotspots near you. How To Find a WiFi Hotspot Using Facebook? Facebook is rolling out its ‘Find Wi-Fi’ feature worldwide.
Find and Crack Nearest Free WiFi Hotspot
Facebook is globally expanding its app’s features to Find Nearest WiFi Hotspot through the app. The public WiFi finder has been launched in a handful of countries previously that shows locations and timings where public WiFi is available. This is quite a handy feature when you are out on the street and you need a high-speed data connection. If you are looking for a free WiFi, or if you are running a business and you want to offer your customers free WiFi, then, here is what you need to know.
Steps to Find Nearest WiFi Hotspot using Facebook?
If you are a Facebook user looking for free WiFi, then you need to have the latest version of the app installed first. Note that the latest version may not have the feature if you are in a region where the feature has not been rolled out yet. This is still a feature specific region. Even if you install the app from a different store region, Facebook will use your physical location and enable this feature.
- First, open the Facebook app on your phone. Sign in if you need to
- Now go to the “More” tab
- Click on “Find WiFi”.
- You will have to turn on the WiFi on your phone at this point.
- Now, you can see on the map nearby businesses that are having free WiFi.
- Below the map, you can see the business card. You can swipe left to see the next one, or you have the options to visit their Facebook page or get directions to the location.
- Once you are there, your WiFi will connect to the public WiFi of the business.
How to add your Business as a WiFi provider?
If you are a business and you want your customers to get access to your WiFi using Facebook’s “Find Nearest WiFi Hotspot” feature, then here are the requirements that you need to fulfill.
- You need to have a page on Facebook and you need to be listed as a business.
- You need to have the opening and closing times of your business.
- You need to also say that you are providing WiFi connectivity to the public.
- Finally, you need to add your network name or WiFi SSID on Facebook.
Public WiFi connections should be open networks without a password. If you are concerned about the security, then you can use wireless isolation for more security.
Things to know before using Free WiFi
Facebook is enabling this feature so that more people can be Live on Facebook on the go. This will allow reporting or upload viral content to Facebook. However, consumers should be aware that more open WiFi networks are generally unsecured. Therefore, people should refrain from posting sensitive content, or purchase things online – even on Facebook, using public WiFi.
It has to be noted that Facebook merely allows finding the WiFi network, but does not regulate the WiFi policies of the business. So, it is recommended that you use a VPN too, in such cases.